1. USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
1.1 Information about Schools: We request certain information, like name, school name, school district, school email address and/or account name and password, phone number, message content, and information relating to the School’s information systems, when a School registers with us. The information is collected when we communicate with the school online or via email, when the School sends us a message, posts content to our website or through our Service, or responds to emails or surveys. Once a School has enrolled with Grade Results’ instructional services or professional development services, we will keep records of all activities performed by the school related to the Service. This information allows us to analyze our Service offerings and functionality and improve them from time to time.
1.2 Student Data: Grade Results Inc. complies with the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) to protect all student information released by district/school for educational purposes. We protect data by industry accepted standards. GradeResults Inc. further agrees:
- To only collect personally identifiable information that is provided by students while using the site, and the information provided by district/school.
- To collect non-personally identifiable information that is provided by IP addresses and cookies. This information is only used to improve our site and internal analysis.
- To prohibit sharing of student information that is provided for the specific, limited educational purpose, and intent stated in the agreement.
- To modify/limit student information from the consent of the district/school, specifically limited to the educational purpose of the contract. Data deletion may be requested by parents through the appropriate district personnel.
- To not retain student information in any manner (electronic or through any other media) after the stated educational purpose has been served.
- To limit student information to only those staff who have a legitimate educational need to access the information.
- To not disclose student information without the prior knowledge/written permission of district/school.
- To disqualify any party re-disclosing student information from receiving information in the future, and the third party shall be liable to damages of any nature and all legal costs.
- That personally identified information is used or shared only if required by law, such as but not limited to court order.
- That a log of all persons who have accessed the student information is maintained, and present this log to district/school upon request.
- That children under the age of 13 years need enhanced safeguards and privacy protection, as set forth in the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). COPPA specifies the consent of parents/guardians for collection or use of any personal information of children under the age of 13.
- Grade Results complies with COPPA and receives personal information about children who are under the age of 13 strictly from their parents or guardians at the time those children are enrolled into a school using a GRADE RESULTS School Program. The only information received directly from children are the test answers, emails, and class discussions in the LMS as part of their education in a GRADE RESULTS School Program.
For information on COPPA and the use of children’s personal information, please contact:
GRADE RESULTS Legal Department
1316 Newport Dr,
Carrollton, TX 75006
As of January 1, 2016, the Student Online Personal Information Protection Act (SOPIPA) becomes effective in California. The law prohibits the sharing of student data and using that data for advertising. GRADE RESULTS complies with the law, and does not share information for non-educational purposes.
That anyone may read information provided through message boards, blogs, and chat rooms on our site. All information posted to a message board or chat room will be available to the other users of it, and is no longer private. This information is provided at your own risk, and though we may monitor the message, we cannot guarantee the security of such information.
To reduce unauthorized access and maintain effective data accuracy and use, we use SSL protocol on the accounts to protect any sensitive information, like credit card numbers.
1.3 Automatically Collected Information: Grade Results may send “cookies” to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets you log in and navigate our website faster. A cookie conveys information regarding the pages being viewed, the links clicked and other actions done on our platform, and allows us to track usage. The information is used ONLY to measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. Grade Results never stores or sells this information for any reason.
The automatically collected information helps:
(a) a user to not have to re-enter information during subsequent visits,
(b) provide custom, personalized content, and information,
(c) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service,
(d) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and usage on our website and our Service,
(e) help users efficiently access information after signing in.
You can always choose to disable cookies from your browser so that the above information will not be tracked.
2. SHARING INFORMATION
Grade Results never rents or sells information for marketing purposes.
- Any publicly available information from government records will NOT be considered personal information, and we shall NOT be responsible for such records being created or added in our services.
3. STORING AND PROTECTING INFORMATION
Grade Results never rents or sells information for marketing purposes.
3.1 Storage and processing: Any information collected through the GradeResults’ platform is stored and processed in the United States.
3.2 Comprehensive Information Security Program: Grade Results takes actions designed to ensure the security and confidentiality of Student Data, and maintains strict procedures to protect information stored in our servers, which are located in the United States. Access to the servers and the information is limited to those employees who require it to perform their job functions. We use industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to safeguard the account registration process and sign-up information, data encryption, firewalls, and physical access controls to building and files.
In the event of any unauthorized release, disclosure, or acquisition of StudentData, Grade Results immediately identifies and resolves data security breaches.We will conduct an investigation to promptly notify school officials, affected students, parents, and/or legal guardians of unauthorized access to StudentData to the fullest extent required by applicable law.
4. ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
4.1 Student Data: All student and school data/information are strictly provided by the schools, and they are SOLELY responsible for providing access to and controlling Student Data. The School shall be contacted directly for any questions regarding reviewing, modifying, or deleting personal information of a student.
4.2 Keeping User Content: Following the termination or deactivation of a School or Student account, we may retain profile information and content for an applicable reasonable time for backup, archival, or audit purposes, but after that period of time, any and all Student Data associated with the School will be deleted promptly. We may maintain anonymized or aggregated data, including usage data, for research and analysis purposes.
5. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
GradeResults does not collect any information from children under the age of 13. Only with the School’s and parental consent, student information is collected and students are allowed to use the Service. Since Grade Results collects and uses StudentData at the direction of and under the control of a School, it is the responsibility of the School to provide appropriate notice to the parents of the student. If intimated that we have inadvertently collected personal information of a child under 13 without proper consent, we WILL IMMEDIATELY delete such data.
6. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
GradeResults shall not take responsibility for the practices employed by third-party websites, applications, or services linked to our site. It is again the SOLE responsibility of the School to review the privacy policies of the third-party sites before allowing the students to use the services.
7. PAYMENT PROCESS
In the case of purchase of any product (may include courseware, or any service), the transaction will be handled by the payment processors. It is the terms and conditions of the payment processors that will apply during the transaction. Grade Results shall not be responsible for the terms and conditions set forth by the payment processors.